tabs

Friday, October 14, 2011

DIY: Easy Hair Clip Organizer

A set of 3 small jewel picture frames have been sitting empty on my desk for years and I finally found the perfect use for them!  In addition to the frame, I had some left over ribbon and decorative cardstock to make this easy hair clip organizer for my daughter!

How I Did It:
I printed the first letter of my daughter's name on some scrap paper, cut the paper to fit the frame and tucked in a long piece of ribbon directly into the frame before closing it.  Then I hung it on the wall.  It's conveniently placed by her dresser for when I get her ready in the morning.


Now I just need to get her to keep those hairclips in her hair! 

Tips:
1. Use a frame that has a hook on the back so you can easily hang the hairclip organizer on the wall.  I realized after starting this project that my frame only has a stand and ended up using small nails through the decorative portion of the frame to hang it up.
2. I used a 7/8" grosgrain ribbon.  It was a good width for the types of hairclips that my daughter has.  If the hairclip slips down off the ribbon, use a thinner ribbon and tie knots for the hairclip to rest on.
3. This could be a good way to organize other things that you want to display like broaches or pins. (I used to collect pins as a child : )

No comments:

Post a Comment