tabs

Monday, December 31, 2012

"L" and Tae Kwon Do

About a month ago, I signed my son up for Tae Kwon Do and it has been a great experience thus far.  Both my husband and I grew up doing TKD but knew nothing about any of the dojangs where we live.  So, I started some research and visiting different places.  Hubby and I loved Tiger Twins Tae Kwon Do Academy, especially after meeting and talking with Grandmaster Simon.

I really liked how Tiger Twins tries to incorporate TKD principles of  Discipline, Self-Confidence, Self-Esteem, Respect and Love into home life and school using Daily Job Charts.  They motivate the kids with a reward system which applies both at TKD and from completing these charts. 

I see the positive effects of TKD on my 4 year old already.  And he really enjoys going to the classes.  While 30 minutes sounds short, that entire time is nonstop moving.  It has been a source of great exercise for "L" and is helping to build his self-confidence.  He recently tested for his yellow belt and he was so proud that he had broken the board.

Here's a video of "L" breaking his first board during his yellow best test!

"L" with Grandmaster Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment