tabs

Saturday, March 2, 2013

L's 5th and P's 3rd Birthday

Today we celebrated my little "P" turning 3 and my big "L" turning 5, a month early.  I was originally not going to have a party for them with so much happening with our family recently.  But last minute I decided to have a party for them at Kids Rule.  This year, "L" was super excited to invite his classmates and had a blast with laser tag, inflatable hockey, silly string war and a dance party, all complete with lots of flashing lights, bubbles, fog and music.  Unfortunately, the strobe lights and darkness during laser tag scared "P", who subsequently ended up in the calmer room with the bouncers and train. 
Happy Birthday to my cutie pies!

Despite being close to the end of my pregnancy and completely exhausted, I decided to keep with my tradition of baking their own personalized cakes.  I felt like this was one thing I had to do for my kiddies before #3 arrives.  

Lately, "L" has been into Star Wars and nightly has me reading through a Star Wars Encyclopedia of characters. So of course, his cake was decorated with several of the characters.  "L's" cake is a fondant covered chocolate cake, covered with stars and the Star Wars logo.  I used white and blue shimmer dust for a sparkly outer space effect.


I don't know when or how "P" became so girly, but she loves anything princess and pink, especially Aurora, who is a princess who wears pink!  I actually bought an Aurora doll to make the cake "authentic".  But I guess because this doll is a modern version, it doesn't quite resemble the Sleeping Beauty in her books.  So "P" just thought it was a generic princess, until I pointed it out to her.  "P's" cake is a strawberry cake covered with homemade fondant, dusted with pink and white shimmer dust.



The party:
laser tag amidst a shower of bubbles

someone got dad good
"L" ready to attack with silly string

The party went smoothly with no major hiccups, and most importantly the kids had fun and felt special and pampered on their day!

 Now on to moving to a new home and welcoming baby #3!

No comments:

Post a Comment