tabs

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Big "L" turns 5!

My big "L" turned 5!  Even though we formally celebrated it a month ago with friends and family, I felt bad that his actual birthday was overshadowed by the frenzy of welcoming our newborn, baby "T".  Despite having just given birth 5 days prior, I couldn't let my firstborn's birthday just pass without any fanfare.  I sent dad to school with homemade Star Wars cupcakes for "L" and his classmates.

I made cupcakes topped with Darth Vader and Storm Trooper fondant cutouts. 

"L" also helped me make light sabers--pretzel rods dipped in blue candy melt and wrapped with foil at the ends. 

Though I couldn't be there, dad was there to take pictures as "L" proudly enjoyed being the birthday boy.

My dear "L", you are such a kind-hearted, generous, and affectionate kid.  You love making your family and friends happy and are always so quick to give to others, even your favorite toys.  You have such an inquisitive mind and are always asking questions.  Your memory and attention to details astounds me.  You love to build things and make elaborate creations.  You're a wonderful big brother, and often I love to secretly listen as you talk with "P" and play with her or try to comfort her when she is upset.  I love how you are so expressive, animated and passionate when you talk and use big hand gestures to make your point.  You are such a ham and love to tell jokes and pose for pictures.  You bring so much joy to your dad and me and we love watching your character and personality develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment