tabs

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

My family has a tradition of making a big deal of selecting costumes for Halloween.  While the kids are still young and don't yet think it's cheesy to do family costumes, hubby and I like to join in on the fun.  This year's costumes were initiated by big L, who has been into Star Wars.  Since he wanted to be Luke Skywalker, lil P naturally followed suit and wanted to be Princess Leia.

Hubby was originally going to be Darth Vader.  When he told my son, big L replies, "You're my father!"  LOL.  I didn't want to be Padme since the costumes I saw for her were risque, and post partum or not, I don't have the body to pull it off.  So, I decided hubby and I could be Chewbacca and Chewie's best friend, Han Solo.

I also found the cutest infant costume for baby T as Yoda.
Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and baby Yoda
I bought this life sized standing poster for C-3PO and R2D2 to decorate our trunk for our church's Trunk or Treat event.

Unfortunately, it rained during the kids Halloween parade at school but they still got to take a quick trip around the field to show off their costumes.
Prek-3 Parade
Kindergarten Parade
I just love this photo of lil P...

For a pumpkin carving contest at church, I carved this.  I guess it wasn't immediately obvious what it was to the judges.  It's a lion and a lamb...referring to the Messiah as the suffering lamb and the conquering lion.


No comments:

Post a Comment