tabs

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Years 2011

A friend with her first child asked me what families do for New Years post having kids.  The last time I did anything for New Years was the year before my son was born!  The last few years, I didn't even make it to midnight, making for a very anticlimatic New Years for my husband who is the night owl in the family.

This year my sister and her family came and slept over.  The kids started out New Years Eve with sparkling apple cider.  My son loved it so much that the next day he kept asking for the wine bottle, thinking it was the cider.
Cheers!

The next morning, after calling our family members to wish them a Happy New Year, we were in an egg roll making frenzy.  Normally we make Korean dumplings but I wanted something different this year. 
Sis and kids

Egg roll filling: pork, cabbage, carrots, bean thread noodles
 The kids had a great time making the egg rolls.
K was an egg roll making machine!
We served these with a sweet chili dipping sauce. Four adults and 2 kids finished all 30 of them for breakfast!

Enjoying the fruits of their labor
Later for lunch, we enjoyed some lighter fare in the form of traditional Korean rice cake and dumpling soup.

It was a relaxing, low-key New Years but it was great to have started off 2011 in the loving and comfortable company of family!


No comments:

Post a Comment