tabs

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Daughter's 1st Birthday (Dohl)

My little girl recently turned 1!  We celebrated with a traditional Korean party. 

I made this invitation resembling a magazine cover after I had seen a similar one online. 

We reserved the private banquet room at Le Jardin.  It was a great venue overlooking the Hudson with beautiful views of NYC through the window-lined terrace.

I prepared the Dohl table with fruit, cake, candy and bean towers and hired a balloon decorating service for the balloon columns and centerpieces.  My sister prepared the flower arrangements.
Bean towers with P's name and Happy 1st Birthday in Korean
Towers made with skittles
I set up a small photo table along with raffle tickets for the Dohl Jabee.  The winners received gift cards.

I chose not to hire an entertainer for the kids and instead filled their gift bags with a variety of things that I hoped would keep them occupied. 

I made sugar cookies with my daughter's face in the likeness of a penny printed on frosting.  I packaged these in clear boxes and used them as the place cards.

I prepared a parody board with P's face on different movie posters. 

Here is P sitting pretty.

A prayer of blessing by our Pastor.

The Dohl Jabee....P picked a microphone (just like my son) and then a stethoscope.  This must mean she will become an entertainer and then on the side practice medicine. 



My husband had prepared a great video and moving speech about P and fatherhood.

All the immediately family traveled from VA, CA, central NJ to celebrate with P!
The entire family!
It was special to be able to share this momentous occasion with our family and closest friends!  

1 comment:

  1. You did an amazing job! I am planning my son's in a month and will be copying your movie poster idea, except with CD/album covers =)

    ReplyDelete