tabs

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hubby's Birthday Celebration

A Birthday Breakfast
For my Hubby's birthday this year, my son and I started off the morning by making him heart shaped blueberry pancakes.  My son then sang him the Happy Birthday song.


A Birthday Dinner
That evening for dinner, I took Hubby to Gramercy Tavern where we both enjoyed the tasting menu while our good friend babysat the kids! 

This was our Tasting Nenu:
First Course: Fluke with radish and citrus
Second Course: Carrot soup with lime yogurt and cilantro
Third Course: Smoked trout with cippolini puree and pickled onions
Fourth Course: Green garlic broth with rabbit dumplings and rabbit loin
Fifth Course: Piedmontese beef with caramelized shallots, squash and sweet potato
Dessert Tasting Menu: Banana cake with salted caramel followed by an assortment of mini pastries and macaroons.

I enjoyed a "Big Easy," a non-alcoholic drink made with orange blossom water and it was delish and something I'll have to recreate at home! 

They also gave us Streusel muffins packaged to take home for breakfast!  I felt like I was leaving a special occasion with a favor and it definitely made me think about the meal and experience the following morning.

Enjoying dessert!


Outside Gramery Tavern
 A Birthday Surprise
Hubby's birthday celebration continued through the end of the week when I brought him to the Green Grill, a Brazilian BBQ restaurant where I had assembled our dearest friends and family for a surprise birthday party.  Hubby was definitely surprised and totally did not see this one coming!  Some friends commented that they've never seen him so speechless : )
 

To celebrate Hubby's birthday, I made cupcakes only fitting for my golf-fanatic husband.  I saw this cupcake here and replicated it.  It was a devils food cupcake with green buttercream grass and topped with a golf ball fashioned out of a candy mold.  Three dozen cupcakes later, my hand was tired from piping all the grass!

Many wishes for a blessed year hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment