tabs

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Farewell Miami

Our last full day in Miami, hubby went to play golf early in the morning and the round only took him 2 1/2 hours.,.and he said he even dawdled.  That's completely unheard of in NY!  During that time the kids and I just enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at one of the hotel's restaurants and then headed to the beach.  By the time hubby returned, the kids were ready for a change of pace and we moved over to the heated pools.  Frolicking in the pools while listening to live calypso music made me feel like we were in the tropics.  After a quick lunch at the tiki bar, we all took a nice nap and then headed right back to the pools.


For dinner, we went to Chef Philip Ho for really great dim sum.  I'm not a dim sum aficionado but I loved everything that we ordered.  Another plus was that the restaurant was right across from our hotel.

When visiting a new place, I like to see and do as much of the local attractions as possible.  But for this long of a trip, I'm glad we had built in some down time before we headed back home.  As much as I enjoyed Miami, after eating out so much I wanted to go home and as my father said, just eat some "kongnamul" gook and bap (Korean soup and rice).
picture perfect view from our hotel room
Farewell Miami.  I will miss the 80 degree weather.  Hope to visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment