tabs

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Little P's First Day of Pre-K Prep

It's been nearly 2 months since my last post.  I've been a bit out of commission with morning sickness with our 3rd.  But before too much time passed, I wanted to write a post on little P's first day of pre-k prep. 
P's first day
P started 2 weeks ago at the same school as big bro L.  The first day, she surprised me when she ran into the room really excited, waved good-bye and gave me a kiss.  A little shocked, I started to walk out the door only to hear her start bawling.  It must have suddenly hit her that I was leaving.  Instinctively, I would have turned around to console her but the school director happened to be in the hallway and urged me to close the door and commit to leaving since I already said good-bye!  I watched P on the video monitors and I saw her go to the closet to grab her backpack and try to open the door to leave.  It was so sad to watch.  But I know she's a tough girl, which is why I enrolled her in school a year earlier than I had enrolled my son.  When I went to pick her up, she ran to greet me and was proudly yelling "I stayed all by myself!"  It's been 2 weeks now and there are still tears when I leave, but they never last too long so hopefully it's won't be much longer before she stays without any tears!


No comments:

Post a Comment