tabs

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lunch Box Tools

I am a sucker for cute tools for packing lunch boxes. 

Sandwich Cutter
I bought the Bento Sandwich Cutter Molds which cut and imprint animal faces to make mini sandwiches.  I like that the cutter is sharp because I find some sandwich cutters to be dull and end up ripping the bread.  The imprinting works well on plain sandwich bread. I thought these would also be nice to use for little tea sandwiches for a tea party.

Egg Molds
I also bought some Japanese egg molds.  I used large eggs but I think jumbo sized eggs would fill the molds better.  For the star and heart, the eggs are positioned vertically into the mold.  To use the molds freshly hard boiled eggs are peeled and placed into the molds while still warm.  Then the molds are snapped closed and left in ice water to cool.  The eggs can be left in the molds in the fridge as well until needed. 
a bunny, fish, heart, star, car and bear shaped eggs
Food Picks
I've also been adding little animal food forks for my son to use to pick up cut up fruit and veggies.  I find that some forks, while cutesy, are too small and impractical.  If they are just being used for decoration these are fine but I want the forks to be functional.  The giraffe fork is the longest and in my opinion easier to hold.  But my son has never complained about the tiny forks.  I also like these long single picks to use as mini skewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment