tabs

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My First Baby to Graduate!

It probably didn't help that I still have post partum hormones raging through my body, but I was a teary mess at my Big L's preschool graduation.  It started the moment I walked into school and several teachers approached me to hug and say good bye and tell me that they'd miss our family.  I feel like I had grown with my kids at their first preschool and that several of the faculty members got to know us personally.  I really loved the school and was truly sad to say good bye.  I can't imagine the mess I'll be at his college graduation.

But it was also a proud day.  I didn't know that Big L was going to be the flag bearer at his graduation.  What an honor!  I assume he was picked because he's the best and brightest in his class.  Of course, I can write this because this is my blog and I can write whatever I want.  And besides, I figure no one reads this except for my family anyways and I'm sure they agree with me.  LOL.  And, it was so cute.  I could tell his arm was getting tired while the class sang "I Pledge Allegiance".  His arm would droop a little and then as if he was reminded that he had to keep the flag up high, with a burst of energy he would hoist it back up super high. 


When his name was called, Big L walked out and gave a big bow directed straight at hubby and me.  All those bows practiced at Tae Kwon Do really paid off.  Look at that form. : )

Here is Big L with his proud baby sister.  She likes to bother him but she also loves him so much.  She always wants to follow him around and play with him.  Anything Big L says or does, she's just one step behind doing likewise.

Big L absolutely LOVED his teacher, Ms. Helen.  He would always ask me whether he could invite her to his birthday party, and of course that's the true indication of how much he likes a person. 
 
L, we're so proud of you!  You never cease to amaze us!


No comments:

Post a Comment