tabs

Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Niece's 7th Birthday

My niece's birthday is close to Thanksgiving, so over the past few years we've been able to celebrate while the entire family is gathered for the Thanksgiving holiday.  This year, my sister arranged an afternoon of bowling and games for the kids. 
the birthday girl

lil "P" cheering after her strike
While we were off bowling, my sister was slaving away to prepare a seafood stew (a.k.a. cioppino) with buttery garlic bread to sop up all the juices.  The stew was overflowing with mussels, shrimp, cod, and crab in a tomato based broth.  I don't generally eat seafood but this was really good and I enjoyed a nice heaping serving of it.

Here's the birthday girl surrounded by her loving family, including her newborn sister!

My brother-in-law picked up this really yummy red velvet and strawberry ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery.  It was a really huge and delicious cake!  I'm staring at the picture and wishing I could have a slice right now.

Happy 7th Birthday, "K"!

No comments:

Post a Comment