tabs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

L Finishes Preschool

My little (big) "L" is finishing up his first year of pre-school.  I remember when he first started and I would have to leave him in tears.  He's come such a long way from those first few days.  He's made new friends whom he likes to talk about at home, went on his first field trip by himself, and each day had a new craft or art work, which he proudly showed me.  Today I received his school notebook--a collection of his photos and art work that he completed throughout the year.  It was neat to see the progression and even how much his face changed over the year.

Last week, "L" had his big End-of-the-Year show.  The kids had been practicing for weeks and it showed.  They performed 4 songs with different motions and props (ABC Rock, Number Rock, Baby Beluga and The Ants Go Marching).  "L" was a little shy in performing--quite understandably.  When I looked over at the parents, I saw some 30 adults each with a camera, video camera or phone in their hands all staring at the kids.  I would have been quite intimidated too.  Nonetheless, he did a fabulous job!
playing his keyboard
After the show, we enjoyed some refreshments and got to chat with other parents.  It was also fun to see "L" in his element while he ate and played with his buddies.


"L"-I'm so proud of you of the big boy that you've become!  Your teachers say that you're one of the most well behaved kids in class and that over the course of the year, you have really come out of your shell and become so expressive.  I'm glad that they have had the opportunity to see the fun, exuberant, caring little boy that I get to enjoy every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment