tabs

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Daisy Scout Cookies

When I was in elementary school I remember joining Brownies.   For the initiation ceremony I remember coming out of an oven and then being embarrassed as I blanked when I had to recite the Girl Scout pledge.  I had practiced over and over but got stage fright and couldn't remember it in front of the crowd of adults staring at me.  That was years ago...

This year lil P joined Daisy Scouts and I'm one of her troop leaders.  For the first meeting I wanted to made daisy cookies since the girls would be earning petals, each of which have a different meaning. It was quite a task of making and coloring fondant because there are 10 different colors of petals, plus the blue center.  

 

I used a cookie cutter to cut out a daisy in each color and then used a knife to cut apart each petal.  Then I adhered the colored petals onto a white fondant daisy base.   I finished the cookie with edible glitter.
a rainbow of fondant
I didn't get to see the girls eat it but I heard they were quite a hit, which made all the effort so worth it! 

I also made rainbow fruit skewers using leaf and flower cutters for the honey dew and pineapple.
lil P proud to be a daisy scout

No comments:

Post a Comment