tabs

Monday, November 21, 2011

My Lil' P's First Haircut

I never really trusted myself to cut my son's hair.  Boys hair just seems more daunting, especially getting the fade right.  And besides, I don't think he'd sit still long enough for me to practice on him.  So for the past year we've been going to the same barber every few months to get his hair cut.  He loves getting the royal treatment.  He sits in a big chair like a grown-up, boosted up on a cushion, with the TV turned to cartoons regardless of what other customers are in the barber shop.  And then he gets lollipops afterwards.  It's no wonder that he always looks forward to his haircuts!

Girl's hair, on the other hand, just seems a little easier to cut at home especially if it's not a complicated cut.  So I attempted it for my 19 month old, Lil' P.  I cut a bob and trimmed her bangs.  Not bad considering she wouldn't stay still very long and I had to distract her with my electric toothbrush, which I normally wouldn't let her play with.

The next day, I tried to adjust her bangs and trim them a little more.  Bangs are REALLY hard to get perfectly straight.  They looked really straight when it was wet but then after her hair dried, it looked off because the hair hangs differently.  I'm reluctant to "fix" it again, for fear she'll end up with 1 inch bangs before our formal family portraits next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment