tabs

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Free Fun for Kids

I love taking advantage of free things, especially when it comes to entertaining my kids!  And luckily, many retail stores and restaurants regularly provide such opportunities.

@ Michaels
"L" enjoyed some quality time with his dad at Michael's (the craft store) a few weekends ago making a reindeer frame.  Actually, we had to pay $1 for the frame but all the other materials were provided (I usually have 50% off coupons to print online, but I didn't know we had to buy the frame when my husband and I parted ways that morning).  "L" painted the frame and cut out his hand shapes for the antlers and painted those.  Some googly eyes and one fluffy red pom pom later, he had a cute reindeer frame!  It provided a nice leisurely hour for me to run some errands nearby while L hung out with his dad, or "da" as he likes to call him lately (and now I'm "ma").

@ Trader Joe's
My friend had signed my kids up to decorate gingerbread men at Trader Joe's.  The kit which includes a large gingerbread man, icing and candy is available for purchase at the store for $4 but it was free for the kids!  They also provided popcorn and juice.  My 3 year old son enjoyed the decorating but my 20 month old pretty much only enjoyed eating the candies and later eating the gingerbread man that I decorated for her.  I didn't get any pictures while they were decorating at the store, but got some pictures of them eating their gingerbread men at home.


Other stores/venues that offer regular freebies for kids:

Barnes & Nobles-Children's Storytime
Pottery Barn-Book Club and Events
Whole Food-Events 
Party City-My local store gives free balloons to the kids
Local Library-My library offers free storytime (in English & Korean), arts and crafts, and movie showings
Toys R Us-Events, free balloons
Lowe's-Build and Grow Clinic
Home Depot-Kids Workshops
Red Robin-Free balloons
Harris Teeters-Free balloons and cookies
Fuddrucker's-Kids Night (Free balloon sculptures!  Last time "L" got a motorcycle and "P" got a big pacifier)

For the holidays, my local Buy Buy Baby and Multiplex Cinema has free photos with Santa!  Check your local store and take your own camera.

Share your favorite freebies for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment