tabs

Friday, January 13, 2012

Sea Salted Caramels from Chocolat Moderne

Some time ago, I had dropped a subtle hint to my hubby about some salted caramels from Chocolat Moderne that I wanted to try.  OK, so it was not a subtle hint.  I forwarded him an email from OpenSky in which Padma Lakshmi recommended these chocolates and told him to buy me some for a special occasion.  Well, some time had passed and I completely forgot about that demand...erg, I meant request.  But a few weeks ago, to commemorate our 8 1/2 years of marriage, he brought home a box for me!  I was quite surprised and of course, very happy.  How did he know that's exactly what I wanted?



Hubby brought me an assortment of different salted caramels.  My favorite is definitely the smoked sea salt caramel covered in white chocolate.  I love the little bites of salt in the creamy caramel.  I want to know how the salt doesn't melt into the caramel.  If anyone knows, please enlighten me.  The milk chocolate covered sea salted caramels with pecans were good too.  The dark chocolate espresso infused caramels were a bit strong for me and overpowered the pure caramel flavor that I enjoy, but I still enjoyed every finger lick of chocolate.

Hubby brought a little treat for the kiddies too, a cute little trio box of chocolates.  Luckily my kids like to share and I got to sample a taste of each one of them.  I love the names of these bonbons.  The yellow heart is called "The Lover" and it's a passion fruit cardamom caramel.  The red heart is "Don Juan" and the one on the bottom is "Mint to Be" which is a dark ganache with peppermint.

Happy 8 1/2 years of marriage hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment