tabs

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where a Kid Can Be a Kid

After reading on a local mommy blog (MiraBest) that a new Chuck E. Cheese had opened up nearby I decided to take my kids since my older one was on holiday break from school.  And besides, I had a bunch of tokens left from our last visit a year ago.

This Paramus location was hard to find.  My GPS didn't recognize the address and even after google mapping it, I still had a hard time locating it.  I pulled over for the second time and randomly saw it across Route 4.  I gotta say, I hate NJ roads--all the U-turns and jug handles.  Were it not for the excited anticipation of my kids, I would have thrown in the towel after the first 30 minutes of being frustrated on the road.

To save anyone else the hassle and waste of time, it's on the north side of Rt 4 right by the Macy's furniture shop and Thomasville and directly across Rt 4 from Fuddruckers.

When we finally got there, I'm glad to say it was worth the trip.  I didn't get there at the 10 a.m. opening like I had hoped but it was still early and the place was rather empty.  We stayed for an hour and half, the time it took for us to go through 30 tokens.  I'm sure we would have burned through those tokens a lot faster if there was another adult with us but seeing as the kids had to take turns and wait for each other, the tokens lasted longer.  Delayed gratification is a good thing anyways. 

The space at this Chuck E. Cheese is large and spacious.  I appreciated the hand sanitizer dispenser and all the windows.  I usually feel claustrophobic at other locations I've visited but this location had a nice layout to it.  I also felt like we got our money's worth.  The rides were relatively long and every game spit out a minimum of 4 tickets, and then more depending on how many points were accumulated.

There was a lot of things even for my 21 month old to enjoy, though she mainly just wanted to get on the rides.  When we were leaving it started to fill up more, which made me glad that I got there early.  It's definitely easier to keep track of two wandering toddlers when the crowd is smaller. 


I went back the next day since the hubby was home from work.  We burned through 70 tokens in an hour of half.  That's what happens when the kids don't have to wait for each other.  We enjoyed lunch there as well, which was pretty decent and tired the kids out so that they both took a nice long nap afterwards.  That's proof that it was a good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment