tabs

Monday, January 16, 2012

Prime Rib in Exchange for Chocolates

Chocolate is the way to my heart.  Steak is the way to hubby's heart.
Hubby bought me chocolates from Chocolat Moderne for our 8.5 year wedding anniversary (see my post here), so I made him a steak dinner.  That's just how things work in our family.

I like this type of meal because there's minimal prep and everything goes into the oven.  It's mainly about timing.

Standing Rib Roast (aka Prime Rib):
Coat with dry mustard, salt and pepper.
Leave at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
Place into 350 oven for about 2 hours for medium (I had a 4.3 pound roast)
Baked Potatoes:
An hour before roast is done scrub potatoes.
Prick with a fork all over (~5 times).
Coat lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary salt.
Place directly on the oven rack and place a pan underneath to catch the juices.
After an hour, remove from oven.  Drop on the counter a few times to fluff the inside.  Make a cross slit and push open the potato so that the inside pushes up.
Fill with butter and cheese and place in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
If I had bacon and sour cream, I would have added those.

Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes:
10 minutes before roast is done, toss asparagus and tomatoes in olive oil and rosemary salt.
Roast for 7 to 8 minutes so that asparagus is tender but still has a little crunch.

Plate the veggies while the roast is standing.  Slice between the bones.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment