tabs

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ice Skating with Uncle Paul

Our family friend, "Uncle Paul" as he is affectionately called by "L" or "Paul Paul Paul!" by little "P" invited the family out to share in one of his hobbies, ice skating!  We went to a local ice rink called the Ice House, which I subsequently learned was the training home of Sarah Hughes, the 2002 Olympic Champion. 

I've only been ice skating a handful of times and the last time I went was probably 10 years ago.  It was quite a workout trying to keep my own balance while holding up my kids.  Thank goodness for Uncle Paul who took the kids around the rink numerous times upon their repeated requests.  In fact, the kids much preferred going around with Uncle Paul than with me especially since I could barely keep them up, let alone myself.

So excited, getting our ice skates on
Little skates are so adorable!
Our first family ice skating event!
"L" totally enjoying the ice
"L" loves Uncle Paul

By the end, "L" could even take a few steps alone towards Uncle Paul!  The expressions of a proud teacher!

Thanks Uncle Paul for a fabulous time!

No comments:

Post a Comment