tabs

Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Today is hubby's nth birthday!  He doesn't like to announce his age : )  Another year, another golf cake for my golf fanatic husband.
the nth hole

This year's cake is an entire hole made like a cake seen here.  The inspiration cake uses tinted coconut for the grass, but I decided to use canned frosting and found that it was too soft to pipe grass blades that stand up.  I used white fondant to make the golf ball and added an inverted chocolate chip to make the hole (that was a great tip.)  The sand hazards are ground up vanilla wafers.  The kids had fun crushing them. 

One day, maybe I'll recreate a famous Pebble Beach hole or make a hole from his favorite course.  That would be super-ambitious!

The kids sang happy birthday to daddy first thing this morning and we had cake for breakfast.

This is the third year in the tradition of golf cakes.  Two years ago, I made him a big golf ball cake.
 


Last year, I made golf ball cupcakes.

It seems the golf balls on the cakes are getting smaller progressively with each year : )  I'm not sure how long the tradition of golf cakes will last...probably for life since I don't imagine hubby ever tiring of golf!

Happy Birthday, Andrew!

No comments:

Post a Comment